October 8, 2009

I MUST BE ON ANOTHER BLOG BREAK!

YIKES ....does time ever fly by? I can't believe it has been so long since my last post. Let me just say things are crazy-busy around here 24/7! I have been so sad because I just don't get to my craft room any more to do any sewing! I watch my two grandchildren during the week; let me just say the youngest is two! Need I say more! Since I haven't been sewing ...the to do pile of quilts is stacking up! In lieu of sewing, I've opted to knit lately. At least while watching a two
year old I can get a few knit stitches in here and there!
*****
Here's a peak of a few of the items I've been working on!

I've finally finished this shrug for my daughter. Wow, was it ever a project. It's knitted with Noro Silk on size 2 needles. For all you non-knitters ....size 2 needles a very small!

It's such a cute shrug. I didn't show a picture of the sleeves; but, they are sewn together at the cuff and then there are four buttons which go up the arm.

I love the drape on this shrug and I like the colors as well! One project finished!


Here is the second project ...finally completed. And, yes it's for my darling daughter! It's the Wonderful Wallaby Sweater by Cottage Creations. It a great pattern ...sort of like a really neat sweatshirt, only a bit more stylish! There is a great kangaroo pocket in the front.
And ....a great hood! One more item finished!
*****
Here are a few items I'm currently working on now!

Once again ...an item for darling daughter! I do believe she is a lucky lady to be getting all these hand knit pieces! I've started a pair of anklets in a marvelous hand dyed sock yarn. Of course ...they have to be pink!


I'm using this new book I purchased. It has a wonderful assortment of sock patterns. What makes it so wonderful is that the patterns are written in an array of different sizes.



Last, but certainly not least ...I'm making a 'Wonderful Wallaby' sweater for me in this gorgeous shade blues! The yarn is Cascade 220 'Paints'. I thought it was about time I knitted something for ME!
****
Hopefully I'll be back a lot sooner than I have been! I tell you it's just really CRAZY-BUSY around here! What more can I say?

5 comments:

  1. I don't know how you get to knit even one stitch with a 2 year old around. I look after my nearly 2 year old granddson 2 days a week and still find it hard to get into my craft room. Once he goes home after the second day I then spend time trying to clean and 'recover'. the joys of being a Grandma - wouldn't trade it for anything in the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how busy you have been! But two year olds are so precious, I would choose to cuddle a grandchild before sewing:>) I can't believe the wonderful things you knit! the hooded sweater is so beautiful and the shrug is adorable.You are so talented Alice:>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented!
    Love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, I've never seen or heard of a "shrug" before...yours is stunning and that sweater you made for your daughter...just gorgeous. These look like beautiful pieces you would see in a high end boutique. Gorgeous work.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apron of the Month ClubOctober 14, 2009

    This is my first visit to your blog and I totally enjoyed it. You have such beautiful designs. I don't knit but I do sew. My daughter has been wanting to learn how to knit but I just dont know where to take her for lessons. Please feel free to drop by my blog and visit.

    Yoli
    http://apronofthemonthclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and
having a cup of tea with me!