June 18, 2009

SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT!

I can't believe I haven't posted in eight days!
Soooooo much has been going on...
FIRST TO TALK ABOUT....



Dear Sweet Daughter came to visit for the
summer! I'm so excited to have her home for so long.
We are having tons of fun and even more laughter!
Lucky me to have her back home again!
*****
SECOND TOPIC OF DISCUSSION....
Remember this ....The Urban Farmer
Well, The Urban Farmer's garden looks like this now!

The garden is actually fuller now with all
the rain we've been getting!
The Urban Farmer is quite happy!
*****
THIRD TOPIC OF DISCUSSION!
Is the RedBarnCo. sew along!
I'm all caught up and we are in week 5!
This week we are putting the quilt
together and quilting it.
I have opted to send my quilt to
Russ at "The Back Porch Quilters".
Should be mailing it off the first of
the week! I'm so excited!
Russ will quilt the top using
a long-arm machine and he
will do the binding as well!
Can't beat that! And...
all for a reasonable charge!
Well worth all that he does!
This Sew-Along has been loads of fun!
Here's my finished quilt top!

Not a great picture! But enough
to get the gest of it!
The quilt top turned out
to be 55" x 75".


I'm lik'in the colors! I wanted
bright and cheery! The backing that
I got for it is a small stripe with most of
the colors from the quilt top!
Think it's going to look cute!
I'll post more pic's once I get it back
from the quilters!
****
SEE YOU ALL SOON!
HAVE A FANTASTIC
WEEKEND AND
A HAPPY 'FATHER'S DAY'!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you're going to have such a nice summer. I know you'll appreciate every minute of it.

    The garden is incredible! Please share some of the results of it when you start using it!

    I'm lovin' the quilt colors too! So summer-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous Alice! I keep trying to psuch myself up for quilting. My daughter wants to try it so I may try it with her so we can encourage each other. I love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and
having a cup of tea with me!