September 3, 2010

KNIT, KNIT, KNIT ...DONE!

Finally ...
I'M DONE!

I have been working on this
project practically day and night
to get it finished for tomorrow.

My Mother's birthday is tomorrow
and I wanted to make her a
warm and cozy shawl.
Her arms, shoulder, neck and
back always seem to be cold, so...
 I started with this pattern...


Seed Stitch Ruffle Wrap

I made a few changes as I went along.
Because I knitted, knitted and knitted 
....it was the never ending seed stitch wrap!

Dear Daughter agreed to
model, if I promised to make her one.

It's nice and cozy warm!
Perfect for Mother Dear to keep
her warm. The seed stitch makes
the texture almost like a blanket.

 This is where I changed the pattern
just a bit. The directions have you
decreasing every 4th row, as I got
towards the bottom I decreased
every other row until the bottom
just came below my bum!
This is where I did my bind off.
(Otherwise, I think it would have ended at my knees!)

Size 9 40" circular needles.

For the border, instead of adding
a ruffle edge. I single crocheted around
the edge (two rows). 
Then I added an open block
border and then did another
single crochet row.

The wrap measures
66" across the upper part
of the wrap and then
from back neck edge to
lower edge bottom
it is 58".

I must admit ...
it sure is awfully warm!
Even though I was marathon
knitting ...I may just have to
make myself one and
Dear Daughter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and
having a cup of tea with me!